Our beloved spiritual master His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada has always stressed on the importance of Krishna consciousness and its urgent need in the human society. The following quote sums it up:
“The sufferings of humanity are due to the forgetfulness of Krishna as the supreme enjoyer,the supreme proprietor, and the supreme friend. Therefore, to act to revive this consciousness within the entire human society is the highest welfare work.”
The proposed temple will serve as a facility to carry out this mission through the distribution of authentic transcendental knowledge and transcendentally spiritualized food (Prasadam) and related activities.
The proposed temple will showcase the ancient timeless Vedic culture through the use of modern technology to effectively communicate the importance of Krishna consciousness
- Beautiful Temple Hall just like in Krishna-Balarama Temple in Vrindavan.
- Huge Prasadam Hall to accommodate at least 1,000 people.
- Multi-purpose Hall with state-of-the-art multimedia facilities for festivals, seminars, drama performances, educational presentations, weddings and other functions.
- State-of-the-art mechanized kitchen and Free Prasadam Outlet for walk-in visitors and for distributingPrasadam to various under-privileged people spread across Singapore.
- Books-&-Souvenirs shop.
- Ashram for the priests.
What makes this temple different from other temples?
- Through the Temple cum Cultural Complex we will try to systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world through the universal teachings of Bhagavad Gita As It Is and SrimadBhagavatam.
- The Temple will offer the visitors a rich experience of our cultural and spiritual heritage through traditional Deity worship, celebrations of all colorful festivals, soul stirring kirtans&bhajans etc.
- The Temple will not only be an architectural landmark but will also serve as a centre for spiritual education and its practical application in day-to-day lives, thus effecting a solid character in the practitioner in this life and liberation in the next. Important values will be imparted to the people through seminars, workshops, lectures, presentations etc.
- It will also create a platform for students to showcase their talents in art, poetry, dance, music etc and they will learn the fine art of using all their talents in the service of Lord Krishna and thus, mankind.
- It will also be a centre for the benevolent charitable act of Annadanam, free distribution of spiritualized food called Prasadam.
P.S.: The entire establishment of Sri Krishna Mandir is run by fully dedicated devotees/priests with no monetary remuneration of any sort.